Polish Toledo

This blog is associated with www.polishtoledo.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Poland will become bigger in territory

Poland will become bigger and the Czech Republic smaller as the Polish government wants to gain 368 hectares of land from the Czech Republic it lost through a rectification of border half a century ago.

Until recently, Czechs did not agree with the change, but they have softened their stand.

Preparations of an agreement have started. The report is good for some 400 Polish farmers living alongside the Czech border as the change from 1958 split their fields and has made their lives very difficult.

"I have to be careful and I must not allow my cows to nibble the grass at the Czech side since border guards immediately intervene," a local Polish farmer said. "When I want to plough behind the border, I have to go first to the border crossing, a one-kilometre distance," he added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home